Solar Drinking Water Disinfection System
The CleanPhoton disinfects contaminated water to provide drinking water. CleanPhoton modules are portable and may be combined for high capacity. The system is ready for series production.
- CleanPhoton Solar Drinking Water Disinfection System
It is well known that ultraviolet (UV) light has a disinfectant effect. Using a special ETFE film with high UV-transmission, it is possible to create very efficient and simple water disinfection systems.
Sunvention has developed such a system, combining the effect of natural UV on water with solar heating of the water to over 50 degrees Celsius, effectively killing bacteria (including coliform bacteria) and viruses.
The CleanPhoton is decentral, portable and modular. Single units can be transported as easily as a suitcase. The smallest module can disinfect six liters of water in two hours. Units can be combined to create installations with capacity up to several thousand liters of water per day.
- Production of drinking water from waste water / biologically contaminated water sources, with no need for electrical or mechanical energy
- Drinking water provision in aftermath of catastrophes
- Daily water disinfection capability: 30 liters/day to several thousand liters/day
- Simple adjustment of orientation according to season
- Water temperature: over 50 degrees Celsius
- Estimated Working Lifetime: over 20 years